Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Day Nine of Chicklet Holiday

Watching the Royal Wedding ... Noyce ... Unusual ... Different

Glad I'm watching it in the comfort of my own home because everybody there looks uncomfortable and bored out of their brains!

Chicklet and I started our day with breakfast in bed from Poppy Bluebarry and we played some Sim Dragon before we experienced our first big meltdown of epic proportions.

The worst of it lasted for about thirty minutes followed by mini waves of misery.

In the end I called her a "Drama Dragon" and we got on with our day.

We sat outside in the sunshine and watched Poppy Bluebarry chop down the mulberry tree, the roots of which have destroyed our water bore and have crept under the neighbour's fence and threaten to undermine the foundations of their house.

We did some washing and then sat in the outdoor area to do some work on both the dragon cave and the dinosaur skeleton that we've been painting in sessions.



We also painted our clay dragons ...



We enjoyed a late lunch and then some quiet time, a bit of football on TV, followed by a light dinner of boiled egg and a whole carrot with a smoothie made from kale, zucchini, broccoli, celery leaf, apple, banana, dragon fruit (to make it pink), raspberries, coconut milk and coconut water.

Her favourite dessert with fruit whip ice cream, banana and chopped up strawberries filled her belly to the brim.

We played Sim Dragon for half an hour before bed and then had cuddle and chat time together.

Vegan Chickie called early this morning because she was going on a cruise along the Rhine and didn't  know if she would have phone reception this evening (our time).

It's almost 11pm so I'd best get some sleep.

Nite all.    

No comments: