Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Day 3 of Chicklet Holiday

We all had a relaxing start to the morning.

Adoring Husband didn't wake up until almost 8am and Chicklet was quietly keeping herself occupied in her room.

Less than an hour later, in walked Chicklet and AH with some breakfast for me and Chicklet climbed under the covers to snuggle while I ate.


AH went for a drive to get me some coffee and when he returned, he called Chicklet out to help him do something. A few minutes later they came into the bedroom with two plants and two Mother's Day cards. She had written her name inside the Grandma one.


After our lazy morning, it was time to get up and continue working on our dragon cave. It seems that the hard work was pretty one sided as I hung fifty bats and spiders from the ceiling of the foam cave. This required poking 50 holes in the foam, removing the paper from 50 wire ties, threading the wires through the bats and spiders, poking the wire through the holes and then bending the wire to keep them in place.


While any one of those tasks could have been completed by Chicklet, and although she desperately wants this dragon cave to be amazing, she is not the slightest bit interested in forming a team with me to complete the contract!

We covered the floor of the cave with red glitter glue and then sprinkled silver and gold glitter over the top of that.

Chicklet created one tree by wrapping glittering green pipe cleaners around a stick that she found in the back yard.

Then she was bored with the dragon cave and made a couple of dinosaur sticker pictures.

We had a colouring book of Mythical Creatures and she explained that there was an Ap with it that made the creatures come to life. Who knew?! So we coloured in our creatures and wallah!!!



Amazing.

She has an hour of quiet time every afternoon which is followed by feeding the chooks with Poppy Bluebarry and a bit more play time with me before dinner.

I've stumbled across a winner with Banana Split for dessert. My usual fruit whip ice cream with a banana, chopped up strawberry and raw chocolate grated over the top. This is her face to show how much she loves it ...



We have cuddle and chat time on her bed for about twenty minutes every night before we turn on the kids guided meditation that she falls asleep to almost immediately.

Day three a success.

Nite all.

No comments: