Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Day Two of Chicklet Holiday

Poppy Blueberry (a recently acquired name) and Chicklet started the day together by eating breakfast before I even woke up.

We all slept soundly last night, so it was nice to wake refreshed and feeling like the world was on my side.

The Bay was our first and only destination for the day, where we stocked up on crafty goodies from Spotlight and Heaps Discounts. We had a brief stop in Coles before heading home because Chicklet was OVER the shopping experience.

She did get to ride in an Octonauts Gup while we were at Stocklands and stated quite clearly that she was "only doing it because it's been a LONG time since she sat in a ride". A lady watching nearby told her that it was ok to enjoy herself.

Chicklet was disappointed that we had to stop and eat lunch before we could unpack all the goodies that we'd bought.

The goal tomorrow is to finish creating the best dragon cave in the history of the universe. This is what we've done so far...





... we have lots of ideas, so the day should be busy! Watch this space for the final product!

Poppy and Chicklet had a water fight with their new water pistols. It lasted about 2 minutes before Poppy was exhausted and had to sit down. Running is not as much fun at 60yrs of age as it was at 59.

I've just looked at the clock and realise why I'm feeling so tired! It's rapidly approaching midnight and there'll be no energy tomorrow if I don't get into bed and sleep the remainder of the night away.

I'm done for the day.

Nite all.

No comments: