Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Huge Day

There is a lot to say about today, but it's late and we are all exhausted!

Chicklet was the first to fall asleep ... which is surprising because I expected Adoring Husband would be the first to break! He wasn't far behind.

We left home at 8am ...

Our run was pretty good and we even stopped at Forest Glen to have brunch at Kunara Marketplace and buy some organic goodness to kickstart our healthful visit with Chicklet. I even bought some sweets to bring home for later. All GF and DF fairy cake, chocolate brownie, snickers slice and lemon meringue tart. Two of them sugar free too!

We arrived at the airport with about 15 minutes to spare, but it took us almost that long to find where we needed to be. We wanted to greet them as they disembarked from the plane, but the rigmarole required to get there was going to take too long, so we just waited at the exit doors near the luggage pick up.

Her joyful smile as she ran into my arms melted my heart and it was a wonderful way to begin our time together.

We spent an hour sitting in a cafe drinking coffee/juice/water with Vegan Chickie before saying our goodbyes and climbing in the car for the long journey home.

The traffic was dreadful coming out of Brisbane and was quite stressful for AH, so we took our first break after about an hour.  Chicklet enjoyed the fairy cake from Kunara and she and AH played games with a plastic spoon for about 30 minutes.

Back on the road and it was slow going with a minor traffic mishap up ahead which slowed the traffic to a crawl.

Chicklet was literally counting the minutes home, and I gave her landmarks to look out for to make the trip go a bit faster, but it took 4.5 hours with all the traffic build up and then two stops for breaks, so we were absolutely exhausted by the time we arrived home.

I heated up the beef casserole for AH to eat for dinner. Chicklet requested fresh lemon and some apple with peanut butter.

We had a short play in her bedroom before changing into pyjamas, cuddle and talk time, junior meditation to fall asleep to and it took her about ten minutes to drop off (if that).

AH headed off to bed almost immediately after that and here I am blogging before I collapse into bed myself!

Done like a dinner.

Nite all.

No comments: