Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 10, 2018

It's Time!

One more sleep and we'll be on our way to Brisvegas to pick up the precious cargo AKA Chicklet!

I've just spent the afternoon and evening doing a couple of large loads of washing, clearing the bedroom where she will be sleeping, scrubbing the main bathroom and toilet, folding the gazillion towels that were covering the family room lounge and packaging/freezing the curried beef casserole that I prepared for tomorrow night.

I'm done for the day.

The Happy Abode was quite busy and there was a steady flow of people through the doors in the morning. It slowed down in the afternoon which was a good thing because we had a sales rep showing us her wares for about two hours. We made a couple of small orders with her.

In the afternoon, we took delivery of the new Ivy's order, so we now have a lot of new wallets, change purses, small handbags and a good range of umbrellas.

We love when new stock arrives!

There will be more beautiful Intrinsic stock arriving this week too *happy dance*.


Now it's way past midnight and I should head off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: