Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 7, 2018

No Mondayitis

Even though our numbers were low due to the public holiday, it was another good meditation this morning.

We forgot to let people know that we would still be holding the class and only a couple phoned to check.

But that's ok. I would love it if it was only me in the room!

Not counting the meditation class, nobody else stepped foot in the shop before 11.30am which meant that The Gypsy and I could catch up with all our news and get totally lost in our deep discussions of self discovery.


The Motivator was off work today, but came in for a treatment this afternoon. She was feeling very zoned out by the time she left.

The afternoon saw a steady flow of customers and kept me pretty busy so the time flew by and before I knew it, it was time to head home.

I had to shelter for twenty minutes while some wild rains pelted down. The weather was unpredictable all day. One minute there were blue skies and sunshine. The next minute, the skies darkened and horizontal rain was hitting our front windows. Ten minutes later, the skies were blue again.

I did a quick shop in the supermarket and thankfully, the rain held off for me to ride home.

My stomach was very empty because I didn't eat lunch so as soon as I walked in the door, I made a bee line for the kitchen. My current favourite San Choy Bow - quick, easy and full of flavour - was on my menu for an early dinner. Leftover apple crumble with fruit whip ice cream for dessert.

Completely sated by 5pm!

My alarm is just about to tell me to go to bed, so it's time to sign off.

Nite all.




No comments: