Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Full Park

Our caravan parks are almost full at the moment.

We have a regular turnover of people who come to our town every year at the same time.

The Happy Abode has been in existence for just over eight months now, so there are still holiday makers coming into town who are excited to see a new shop and expressing relief that we weren't here a year ago and they hadn't missed us back then!

The best thing about caravan parks, is that everybody talks to everybody, so they share all the information they have about the town and that includes US.

Today was one of those days where there was always somebody in the shop and everybody was in a chatty mood. By the end of the day, I had heard a LOT of stories about children and mothers and husbands and other towns and crafty/sporty interests.

It was a happy day in The Happy Abode.

Coffee morning was also a pretty happy affair with Maid Marian who had returned from her big caravanning holiday and The Miracle Woman making a rare appearance. Tweedle Dee (new name yet to be announced) and The Whinging Pom completed our intimate group.

Everyone had left by around 10.30pm and I locked our doors and put a 'back in 5 minutes' post-it on the front door so that I could check the mail and buy a coffee (which went cold on my desk because I was busy with customers for the next two hours).

A few new handbags arrived today and another delivery should arrive tomorrow, which we are excited about.

I locked the doors a little after 3pm, made a quick visit to the butcher and then pedalled home quickly hoping to avoid the rain. There was a fine mist falling as I pulled into the driveway.

Adoring Husband had been out most of the day on SES duties. He'd returned home for a short while and then went out again, so I had a couple of hours to myself.

Two more sleeps and my little Chicklet will be here for her holiday with us!

Three and a half weeks of joy and fun will be had and we have a couple of exciting things planned, like holding a crocodile, visiting the bird sanctuary, creating and burying a time capsule, collecting shells from the beach and being crafty with them, cooking in the kitchen together, going to reef world and picnics at the park.

She will also spend a little time at the shop with me!

I hope to make it totally memorable in the best way possible.

Right now, it's time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: