Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Mid Long W/End

I had to edit some photos today and I wanted to use the iMac for it's bigger screen to do this work.

The iMac is at the shop, so while I was there, I opened the doors for customers.

The weather was cool enough that I didn't need to run the air conditioner and I left the front door open for the light breeze.

As I edited photos, approximately 15 people came through the doors, but none of them wanted to purchase and I think the majority of them were simply filling in time while they waited for their takeaway food to be prepared.

The advantage is that now fifteen more people know of our existence and hopefully they will all follow my request to spread the word.

The weather was very erratic today and I began bringing in the flags before midday when the clouds became dark and the wind picked up. I was worried that if I waited another ten minutes, I'd have been drenched and trying to dry off the flags and signs before storing them inside. Better to be safe than sorry.

Adoring Husband arrived to drive me home and we were sitting in the comfort of our lounge room when the rains came.

It was a great afternoon for watching silly movies and then catching the football.

Thankfully, it was an easy dinner for Adoring Husband, because I had my trusty store of spaghetti bolognese sauce in the freezer and some fresh zucchini to turn into zoodles. This was followed by a big bowl of fresh raspberries and fruit whip ice cream for dessert.

Yum.

It's only 8pm and I'm feeling a touch weary - my brain doesn't enjoy focussing so hard on photo editing these days - especially because the new camera is not photo-shop compatible, so my challenge is figuring out a new editing process using other programs.

Tomorrow, being a public holiday, will give me another opportunity to finish off the editing, but hopefully will also bring in lots of people enjoying their day off and wanting to share their happiness in The Happy Abode.

Gotta watch The Voice and then I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

Lightroom is my “go to” photo editing programme Roz and I find it very easy to navigate.