Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Happy Saturday

Yes it was a happy Saturday!

Some of our favourite people came into The Happy Abode today and we had some long and funny conversations as well as some deep and meaningful discussions.

We were only in the shop for four hours but those hours passed so damn quickly, and we had to hang around for an extra twenty minutes to finish some important 'stuff' that we'd started earlier.

It was voting day, so Adoring Husband came to the shop to help us close, then he and I walked to the hall to vote for our Mayoral candidate of choice.

From there, we walked to the beach, took our shoes off and spent almost thirty minutes walking through the shallows of the receding tide.

I like to stand knee deep in ocean water and take the 'Super Hero' pose (like the surgeons do in Grey's Anatomy) looking out to sea. I stand strong and announce to the Universe that I am strong and healthy and powerful and capable of succeeding at everything on which I focus.





It took me a while to convince Adoring Husband to do the same thing. He kept asking me WHY and laughing at me and telling me I was mad. I told him that we weren't going anywhere and I was prepared to stand there all afternoon if necessary! FINALLY he took the pose for all of twenty seconds!

I was happy with that.

It was a beautiful afternoon and it was after 2.30pm by the time we got home.

I'm considering opening the shop tomorrow - Sunday - because it's a long weekend and there are a lot of tourists in town. I think it might be worth it, especially with Mother's Day coming up next weekend and even if it's quiet, I still have some photo editing that I need to finish, so the time won't be wasted.

On that note, I am off to bed. Look at me doing the 'adultie' thing and going to bed early on a Saturday night!! After all, a superhero needs her sleep too!

Nite all.




No comments: