Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 30, 2018

The Procrastinator In Me

I am a champion procrastinator.

I even bought a book on overcoming procrastination, but I procrastinated over finishing the book, so I still don't know how to overcome procrastination!

I'm so good at procrastinating that most of the time, I don't even recognise my actions as procrastination. I believe that what I'm doing is legitimately necessary, but in actual fact, I'm doing it to avoid what really is legitimately necessary!

The truth of the matter is that there is so much that now NEEDS to be done in my home, that there are no procrastinating activities left to do! So I am a frustrated procrastinator!

This is funny because it's true!



Ok I've added enough exclamation marks in this blog to last for the next three blog posts!

It was a crazy start to this Monday morning. We received a text from The Gypsy to say that she was sick and unable to attend the shop, which included meditation. The trouble was that we didn't receive the text until 4.45am which was too late to contact our ladies to tell them not to come.

We winged it.

I thought we did a great job and I'm pretty sure everyone left feeling happy and uplifted, especially after that last dance around the room to the "Happy" song.

It was encouraging to have another lady sign up and pay for the photography course in June, so the class is looking very healthy.

The remainder of the day was steady and there were lots of sales made for Mother's Day gifts.

Adoring Husband arrived home safe n sound around lunch time and dropped into the shop to get his welcome home hug and kiss.

We left the shop very soon after 3pm today and I came home to cook an early dinner - because AH and I were both starving after missing lunch.

Now it's after 11pm (how did that happen so quickly?) so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: