Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Catching Up

How good was it to catch up with Reality TV Queen today at morning coffee?!

It's been about ten weeks since we've seen her and she has been travelling through the Eastern states in a caravan with Mr Pedantic and doing some house sitting along the way.

There was a lot to talk about, which was lucky, because Tweedle Dee (new name yet to be discovered) was running late due to visitors.

Nobody else was available today.

Three ladies were at their husband's side in hospital for various surgeries, one has just returned a day ago from a long holiday, another was at a Drs appointment in The Bay and another two were missing in action.

It was 11.30am by the time we had finished our coffees and the girls walked out the door.

Another great morning.

The remainder of the day was quite slow and both The Motivator and I had things that needed doing, so it suited us not to be too busy.

We closed the shop and I left very soon after 3pm.

Adoring Husband spent the day on Fraser Island performing SES duties and didn't return home until around 7pm, so it was a late dinner for us.

I'll be on my own in the shop tomorrow and I imagine that the town will be very, very empty.

There is a funeral happening in the middle of the day to farewell a very much loved community member. The Motivator will be representing us both as she attends this farewell. A life to be celebrated and many hearts will be struggling to let go of this beautiful woman.

RIP Lee Dart x

Nite all.

No comments: