Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 3, 2018

All The People!

My belief that the town would be empty today, due to the big funeral, was unfounded.

There were a lot of holiday-makers through the shop today and I was kept pretty busy almost from the moment I opened the doors.

The people were very excited to find us and even more excited about the goodies that they found inside, so it was a pretty fun day for them AND for me!

Adoring Husband had some shopping to do in The Bay, but drove me to work first because it had been raining and was threatening to rain some more. This meant that he had to pick me up this afternoon, so he helped me bring everything in before I locked up and left the premises.

We had a bit of shopping to do at the Butcher's and Supermarket before heading home.

There was no time to sit down because I had to package up the dog food. I have decided to add a bit of extra goodness to the mince that we feed them.

I'm not going all out like I used to, with a recipe that was absolutely exhausting to put together once a fortnight. Instead, I simply add grated carrot, some finely chopped baby spinach, some diced cucumber, two raw eggs, some turmeric and some Himalayan salt.

I mix it all by hand and then weigh them into three equal portions per Chinese container.

I began doing this while AH was away last weekend. The psychotic dogs suddenly became very excited about dinner time and gobbled up their portions with lightning speed!

After I finished the dog food preparation, it was time to chop up the pineapples that we'd bought and then package it for the freezer too.

That took over an hour and it was almost 5pm, so I had to sit down for a while. I watched MKR from the previous night's recording and at 5.45pm we remembered that it was trivia night at the club!

It was a mad rush to make a quick dinner and freshen up to leave at 6.30pm.

I am happy to announce that we took third place and it was a fun night with a bit of snorting laughter and a few "I told you so" remarks when we got answers wrong.

It's now well after midnight, so I'm signing off ... even though I have two days off work ... things to do, people to see, places to go!

Nite all.


No comments: