Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 11, 2018

Day One of Chicklet Holiday

It was more difficult than expected.

Despite (or perhaps because) it was such an exhausting day to get here, Chicklet did not sleep soundly in her new surroundings and came into our room four times during the night.

Because the psychotic dogs didn't get fed until late in the evening, their digestion requirements had me up twice during the night.

Then I was awake at 6am.

Needless to say I was not completely present today.

We had a healthful breakfast, made our bed, did some sticker art, did some washing, created two dry clay dragons, ate a healthful lunch, found some jewels to fill our treasure chests, went for a drive with Poppy to inspect the SES shed, played with 'Goo', gave Poppy some lessons in Minecraft, set the outside table beautifully for dinner, selected food from the menu, ate a healthful dinner (including a small smoothie), had a bath, had cuddle time then fell asleep in an instant.



Chicklet said that she would try not to wake me up tonight. That's all I can ask.

It's 10pm and I will be falling asleep in an instant too!

Tomorrow, we go for a trip to The Bay.

Nite all.

No comments: