Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 18, 2018

Day Eight of Chicklet Holiday

Chicklet and I were snuggled up in bed together this morning, in our pyjamas, playing Dragon Sim, when I received a phone call from The Motivator asking if I could come into work for a couple of hours. I needed to be there in thirty minutes.

That was at 9.45am.

We walked through the door of the shop at 10.15am.

An achievement worth bragging about!

Chicklet wanted to be at the shop with me, so the achievement was all hers. This is the girl who is so easily distracted in every moment of time - before I've even finished uttering a sentence, her brain is focussing on something entirely unrelated.

She dressed herself, found her shoes, located her water bottle and was waiting at the door for me before I was even ready! I've never seen her do that before.

What was supposed to be a couple of hours, turned into four hours and Chicklet was sooooo good.

I expected that she would get bored out of her brain and start doing all the things that I asked her not to do while we were there ... like run around the shop, touch the stock, talk incessantly or interrupt me while I was with customers.

She was wonderful and kept herself occupied watching kids Netflix in the back room, helping me with the snap buttons and being very quiet while I served.

Once, when a customer walked in the door, Chicklet whispered to me "Can I talk to her?" I told her "No, because she is here to have a look at the shop, so we won't disturb her." Chicklet responded with "But I will talk to her about the shop."

"What will you say?" I asked.

"I'll talk about shop stuff." she replied.

After that, the customer began talking to me and barely took a breath herself inside twenty minutes, so Chicklet didn't get a chance to do any talking at all.

Chicklet was just beginning to get fidgety at about the three and a half hour mark, but brightened up when The Motivator walked through the door and she got to have a chat with her for a while.

We came home and finished painting the dinosaur skeleton.

I cooked another early dinner and we were done and in the bath by 5pm. Vegan Chickie phoned at about 6pm for her daily catch up and I walked out of the bedroom with Chicklet sound asleep at 7pm.

I'm feeling a bit weary tonight, so it will be an early night for me ... as soon as the football is finished. I guess 10pm is early enough.

No photos again from us.

Nite all.

No comments: