Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Another Hump Day

It was a very slow start to the day in the shop.

Our first customer didn't walk through the door until about 11am. The first customer was actually a group of eight ladies who were in the shop for 45 minutes and, between them, spent $15. They did, however, bring lots of positive happy energy.

They had visited our shop the day before and they spent a lot of money on that occasion. They brought more ladies with them today, so they are spreading the word through the caravan park and that means a lot to us.

There was a steady flow of customers throughout the afternoon but I still had enough time to create a new flyer for the photography workshops, print out the latest ad from the newsletters and replaced the one on the front window with the latest copy.

My plan is to create our first newsletter to send out to our email list. I guess that now we are almost a year old, it's time to get into some kind of schedule of news/events for the shop and let everyone know what's going on.

The Gypsy was in the shop today and I always enjoy our chats about anything and everything.

The Motivator popped in briefly this afternoon and I'm looking forward to spending tomorrow in the shop with her. There is so much to catch up on!

I've taken two new names for the next photography workshop and the town Friendship group has asked me to be their guest speaker in August or September, to talk about photography. That was a bit of a pleasant surprise!

So it's all happening in my world!

I found this to be absolutely hilarious and I wish I'd been able to use it with my kids when they were little ...


Now it's time to get some sleep. Big day tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: