Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Super Tired

This will be short and sweet because I am super tired and I'm off to bed.

I left bright and early for work this morning and got to spend twenty minutes with the boys at the Seat of Knowledge.

They were being harassed by a little 14 month old girl 'Crazy Z' who was as bright as a button, giggling all over the place and full of beans. They were loving every minute of it! It was a happy start to my day.

There were customers waiting well before 9am so I opened early to serve them.

The next hour was dead as a doornail, but from there we were kept pretty busy with a steady flow of people through the door.

There was enough time between customers or with both of us taking turns to serve them as they came in, to work on our vision boards. Mine is almost finished, with all of my pictures, words and quotes glued in place and all I need to do is add my own creative artwork.

The Motivator made great inroads into her vision board too.

We've been trying to create these boards since around February!

We made a big order of Ivys bags, hats and scarves which we hope will be delivered by the end of next week.

Our doors weren't closed until around 2.30pm and it was almost 3.30pm when I arrived home.

We have a breakfast date with friends in the morning so I need a good nights sleep to be up bright and early again.

Have a great Sunday.


Nite all.


No comments: