Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Crazy Busy

It was a crazy busy day in the shop.

I barely had the chance to sit with the girls for coffee again - that’s two busy Tuesdays in a row!

There was no chance to sit down at all until well after 12.30pm and even then, the rest periods were brief.

I had a lot of fun with some of the ladies who came in groups and who will be returning in the coming days.

I heard lots of stories. Funny stories. Sad stories. Family stories. Holiday stories. Medical stories. Death stories. Life stories. Animal stories. Weather stories. Shopping stories. Husband stories.

Everybody was on a roll today.

Adoring Husband helped me close the shop today, which was very much appreciated, because I had the pleasant task this afternoon, of delivering some photos from a shoot I did a couple of months ago. Thankfully my client was happy with my efforts thus far - I still have a few more pics to edit yet.

I am watching an interview with author Tim Winton, who is talking about males/boys/men and their attitudes towards/about females/girls/women. This is the first time that I’ve seen him or heard him speak and I’m warmed and inspired by his words of wisdom. I like him.

It’s already 10pm. I need sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: