Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Unlazy Sunday

There was no lazing all day in bed today.

The date was made with friends to attend breakfast at the local cafe at 8.30am, so we were up and at'em much earlier than the usual Sunday.


I enjoyed a plate of bacon and fried mushrooms with GF toast and a GIANT mug of latte. Everybody ordered something different and it was a really enjoyable and relaxing morning with good food, good coffee and good friends.

We said our goodbyes and both Adoring Husband and I had missions that we needed to complete before we return home to enjoy a relaxing Sunday.

We needed to take photos of the communal toilets at the shops where lots of repairs, repainting and renewing need to be done. AH had to send them through to the 'powers that be'

Following that, we had to attach a big Happy Abode sign to a fence near our shop, so that took about twenty minutes and then we were free to enjoy our Sunday.

Our day was spent on Netflix.

It was great!

Yesterday I got a message that it was the last day of our Flickr challenge, so I logged into Flickr to find out what the challenge was. It was 'Negative Space' so I put a quick pic together and submitted it. I'll let you know how it goes.


I'm having an early-ish night ready for an early meditation start tomorrow.


Nite all.

No comments: