Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Wet But Not Wintery

The temperature was mild but the atmosphere was humid and the rain came down very heavily quite a few times during the morning. This meant that the customers came in fits and starts.

In the long quiet spaces between customers, we ordered new stock. New lady's handbags and wallets, new snap button jewellery, new bamboo products, new knick knacks and pretty home decor products.

The next couple of weeks will be so much fun as the stock arrives. The Motivator will miss it all because she will be in Sydney having different kind of fun with family.

I kept the shop open for another hour after The Motivator left for home and a few people came in but they were all tyre kickers. They were all couples, so it's highly likely that the ladies will return next week while their husbands are fishing. That seems to be the norm around here - especially in holiday season.

When I got home, Adoring Husband and I began watching movies.

Shaun of the Dead - recommended by No. 1 Son. His only other recommendation was DeadPool and we all know how dreadful THAT was! Shaun of the Dead was not so horrific but it wasn't great either.

The second movie was The Greatest Showman. It was just as fabulous this time, as it was at the cinema the first time I watched it. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

The third movie was Georgia Rule with Jane Fonda and Lindsay Lohan.

The fourth movie is about to begin - Pretty Woman. I'm not sure if I can stay awake for all of it, but I'll give it a red hot crack!

If not, I'll go to bed and watch some Wimbledon until I fall asleep.

It seems there is a good little Aussie player by the name of Alex De Minaur playing Nadal and the commentators and other players have been raving about how great his potential is. I think I'll have to check him out and see if his demeanour is better than Kyrgios and Tomic.

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday.

Nite all.
 

No comments: