Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 2, 2018

All Done In

It's been a big day!

I had a very early start for meditation, but along the way, I rode past Kindly Kel and had to stop to give him a hug. His eyes were looking so sad just a week after his Garden Fairy passed from this earth, so I needed to stop.

After a hug and a short chat, I had to cut the conversation short to get to work because I knew that The Gypsy was waiting for me to open the doors for her.

We had a good meditation class this morning that generated lots of conversation and triggered some great revelations.

It was a very slow start to the day, but by 10am the customers were coming thick and fast.

Adoring Husband came to visit twice, but I was too busy to stop and chat.

Considering most of the businesses along our strip were closed today, we had a very successful Monday in the shop and I seemed to spend a lot of time chatting to the male partners as the women browsed and made their selections.

I put together a box of goodies from the shop, valued at over $100, that we are going to give away as a prize on our Facebook page.

We have almost reached 300 'likes', so to promote our page and our shop, we are going to challenge people to share our post and tag their friends until we reach 300. At that point we will choose a winner.

The Gypsy's last appointment went a little over time and by the time I pulled everything in, closed the door and did my groceries, I didn't arrive home until after 4pm, by which time Adoring Husband was all dressed up and ready to leave the house for a big SES meeting tonight.

I made myself some stuffed mushrooms with a pork snag for dinner which was very satisfying and now I'm ready for bed at just after 8.30pm!

I'm well and truly done in and I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep ready for coffee morning with the girls tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: