Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 6, 2018

Talking A Lot

That's what happened in the shop today.

Talking. Talking. Talking.

I don't mean The Motivator and I - although we DID talk a lot too - but we had very talkative customers today.

A couple of them took up a good chunk of our time telling us about everything and anything in their lives.

Comparatively speaking, it was fairly quiet in the shop today.

The Motivator worked on another project.

We put in an order with Luvnlife.

We registered with a new lady's bag/wallet supplier.

There was quite a bit of business talk so that I could catch up on all that's happened since Tuesday when I was last at work ... especially NBN stuff.

Adoring Husband turned up just before 3pm and helped us close the shop.

He dropped me at the club for my Friday night ritual, but their ATM was out of order and they tightly limited how much we could take from over the bar, Beauty and Beast were the only couple from our usual crowd in attendance, so I decided to return home. AH picked me up and I was sitting in my lounge chair well before 6.00pm.

I munched on some leftover chicken from last night's dinner and at 8.30pm I am now contemplating an early bedtime.

*yawn*

I was hoping to share a joke on here tonight, but I've lost it. Bugga.

Instead, here is a tiny snippet from the Tim Winton interview with Andrew Denton last week ...

Nite all.

No comments: