Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

One Down

I stayed in bed until 1.30pm today.

I made a 'to do' list which included things like

  • work on The Happy Abode website
  • work on the romanceyourlifewithroz website
  • read Annemarie's books
  • do some more DDT manifesting course
  • create the next workshop
  • create a newsletter for The Happy Abode
  • do more with THA's instagram/twitter/pinterest accounts
... there is more on my list, but you get the gist. There is a LOT to work on. It's just a matter of time ie finding the time and using it effectively. I seem to get more done while sitting up in bed during the day, than at any other time!

The only reason I got out of bed at 1.30pm was because I had an appointment with The Gypsy to have a Zen Shiatsu massage at 2.15pm.

I was surprised at how many tight spots I had and how tender certain parts of my body were. She worked on all the parts that needed it and then gave me some stretches to practice to help gain more movement in the tightest parts such as my neck, hips and groin.

It seems that my kidneys, bladder, liver and heart are struggling at the moment. I will follow her advice and work on fixing these areas.

After my massage, Adoring Husband and I went for a short stroll along the beach so that I could do some grounding. We were only there for about ten or fifteen minutes, but I could feel the benefits, especially after taking my superhero pose in ankle deep sea water!

We did a little grocery shopping and then came home to rest for an hour before making a quick dinner and then getting ready for our trivia night at the club.

As always, we had a really enjoyable night with Tweedle Dee (new name yet to be decided) and the Garden King. None of us was feeling very clever tonight and came somewhere in the middle of the pack. The teams are only supposed to be four strong but there were a lot of teams with seven and eight members ... difficult to compete against.

Having said that - feeling clever helps - and we were not feeling it at all.

Tomorrow is my Sunday and I'm not sure how I'm going to spend it yet - perhaps I'll work on the websites.

The Motivator had a great day in the shop today and I hope that she can repeat that tomorrow.

I'm off to bed now.


Nite all.

No comments: