Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

My Weekend

Today is my Friday.

Wednesday and Thursday will be my weekend.

My plan for tomorrow is to stay in bed for as long as I want. Do some washing. See The Gypsy for a massage and perhaps go for a grounding walk along the beach.

Today was incredibly quiet in the shop for the first half of the day because there was a 'timbola' at the local hall from 9am - midday, so there were over 100 people in attendance there, which meant that they were NOT in our shop.

The afternoon was quite different as the people trickled in through the doors declaring that they'd heard about us at the timbola or saw somebody with one of our carry bags.

A large group of about ten people filled the shop for half an hour bringing an interesting energy and lots of busy chatter and noise.

One member of that group was a man with cerebral palsy in his 30s who lectured me because our pens didn't all have prices on them. We have the pens grouped in similar styles with one price placed in front of each group. He didn't like that idea and told me how it should be done. I thanked him for his excellent advice and agreed that we should do exactly as he suggested. He bought one of the pen sets.

I spent a lot of time cleaning all of our silver chains (about 20 of them) which took a bloody long time because I had to take the price tags off them first and then remove the hexagonal clasps. I dipped them in the silver cleaner and swished for ten seconds, then rinsed them under cold water, dried them off with a soft towel, reattached the clasps and replaced the price tags.

It took about 90 minutes, but now they are so shiny and sparkly clean!

I cleaned out one of the cube displays, dusted and replaced the stock.

One of our local artists, whose art we sell, dropped in some more of her work and I fell in love with and bought this ...




... it effects me emotionally! I just had to have it! The colours and the textures are stunning and I have no idea where I'm going to put it, but it's now MINE! I'm not sure about the black frame, so I'm going to look into some other options - I might visit my framer in town and see what suggestions he can come up with.

I'm happy that Wimbledon has now begun and I'm going to watch some of it before I head to bed tonight. Kyrgios is playing right now - I'm not his biggest fan, but he IS Aussie, so I will barrack for him.

Nite all.  

No comments: