Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Laziest Sunday EVER!

I didn't even do anything productive in my bed today.

I played word games, watched youtube videos and read some health information.

Adoring Husband brought me food and fluids.

He asked me for assistance in the kitchen while he cleared out some cupboards.

I did some washing.

It has come to my realisation that Sundays are my 'de-peopling' days. The days when I can hibernate and regenerate and not have to deal with humans or responsibilities.

These days are vital for my mental health and I didn't even know how much until today. The idea of getting out of bed this morning filled me with dread, but as the day wore on, I could feel my being fill with positive energy and motivation and lightness.

Generally speaking, I don't mind people, but this week has been pretty draining with some long winded customers who had sad stories and who obviously needed to purge.

At the end of my Sunday, I'm feeling much better and ready to face Monday.

Even better that my team won their NRL match 34 - 0 today.

Right now. Adoring Husband and I are watching the movie "A Wrinkle In Time" - I'll give you my review tomorrow.


Welcome to Monday!

Nite all.

No comments: