Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Pow!

What a crazy day!

I sat down for the first time today at 2.30pm. It lasted for six minutes before the next customer walked through the door!

Morning coffee with the girls was, as usual, full of fun and frivolity, even though I didn't get much time with them because the shop was busy.

A delivery arrived at about 9.30am and before I had even unpacked the first box, I'd sold a couple of fabulous frogs posing in crazy positions (you know who you are!).




So we have a shop full of turtles, owls, frogs, cats, trees, pin boxes and trinket bowls.

I met LOTS of holiday-makers from South Australia, Western Australia, Victoria and NSW. It seems that the town is FULL of interstate travellers, all of them incredibly friendly and very happy to be here. A couple of them have even bought blocks of land hoping to retire here in the near future.

It was a colourful, busy and happy day in The Happy Abode.

Thankfully, Adoring Husband arrived at the shop at 3pm to help me close and to put the bins out.

As he left, I received a call from Telstra asking if we had received our new modem for the NBN yet, so then I had to go to the Post Office to check. It wasn't there, but a big box of Ivys products was waiting instead.

I needed a trolley to wheel the very large, very heavy box back to the shop. Unfortunately, I had placed my handbag in the trolley before I dropped the box in, so when I returned to the shop, the box was too heavy to lift to retrieve my handbag, which meant that I had to open the box and empty half of the contents before I could lift it!

I now have new stock EVERYWHERE that still needs to be checked against the invoice, unwrapped, priced and displayed. I guess I'd best get to work early tomorrow! I also need to return the trolley from whence it came.

Our Ivys order is full of beautiful scarves, purses, wallets, handbags, cushion covers and hats.

Question is ... where is it all going to be displayed???

There are three more deliveries due this week so the pressure will be on to find display space!

Sleep will definitely come easily to me tonight. I feel very tired even though I slept a solid seven hours last night. I have to package up my bone broth and then I'm heading to bed - all things going to plan, I should be asleep before 10pm.

I'm all done in.

Nite all.


No comments: