Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Cold Brrrr

As tough as it was to climb out of bed this morning - apparently it was 1C - I was up early enough to ride to the markets and spend almost an hour looking around and spending too much money.

I even had time to make my lemon water and then heat up my chicken bone broth to drink during the ride.

At the markets, I bought some raw honey, some coconut hand cream, a kitchen hand towel, two lead light whales, two planter pots, a necklace and I commissioned a lady to make a bracelet with a silver dragon clasp.

Luckily I had my trike with a big basket to carry all of my goodies back to the shop.

Adoring Husband left the SES breakfast stall to come help me open the shop and it took about ninety minutes for the first customer to come through the doors.

It was a relatively quiet morning which gave me the chance to do some rearranging and some dusting and some fluffing.

Today appeared to be a change over day for the caravan park as quite a few vans left their positions to make way for the next batch of holiday makers.

I guess that, paired with the markets, was enough to keep people pre-occupied and less inclined to shop at The Happy Abode.

AH returned to the shop at 1pm to help me close, so that I could leave and attend a LaReve party which started at 1pm. I was a little late, but the room was full of friendly smiling faces who all welcomed me loudly when I walked in the room.

The entire class of my last photography workshop was in attendance so I got to hear what they've been up to with their cameras since the class. One of them has learned how to do night photography since then and showed me some of her pics on the camera.

They are all still keen and excited about what they learned with me, so that makes me feel good.

The hostess of the party was lovely enough to make sure there was gluten free food available for me to partake, which also made me feel good. I am always grateful for the extra effort that people go to for my benefit when it comes to food.

I arrived home at about 4pm, just in time to watch one of the old Jurassic Park movies with AH.

Dinner was reheated beef casserole for AH. I'd had enough to munch on at the party so I didn't need any dinner.

AH and I are now researching pools and pool landscaping. It's been more than 18 months since we received our first quote, and now we are ready to create a little magnesium filtered oasis in are back yard - for our health as well as our pleasure.

We are on a mission!

Anyway, I plan on having a reasonably lazy Sunday - I drew a Journey card yesterday and it told me that REST was most important this week and that I needed to breathe deeply and meditate my way to sleep - which I do every night anyway - and to rest my body. Tomorrow, I will rest!

For now, it's bed.

Nite all.



  

No comments: