Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 20, 2018

Under the Weather

My apologies for not posting last night, but I was feeling a bit under the weather.

I climbed into bed well before 7pm and was asleep by about 8.30pm.

After a good night's sleep, I woke up feeling refreshed and healthy, so here I am!

Adoring Husband had a trip down to Brisbane today for a 2yr bladder cancer checkup.

He got the 'all clear' *happy somersaults and cartwheels*

It was another big day at The Happy Abode with lots of tourists spending their money today but a sales rep cancelled her appointment with me, which was disappointing.

This is the second time a sales rep has cancelled our appointment - I think it's when they realise how far out of the way we are, they decide to put it off til next time.

It didn't really matter to me because it gave me a chance to restyle one of our displays ...


Actually, those two bags on the right were removed after this photo and replaced with a purple/orange backpack and a small purple leather bag.

I also packaged up about 30 silver chains into ziplock bags to sell with the snap pendants.

The snap buttons were very popular today, which I love, because my favourite thing to do is play with the snap button jewellery!

It was about 3.20pm when I locked up the shop and pedalled home to get ready for my evening at the club.

Having been without AH all day, the psychotic dogs were excited to see me arrive home and I fed them before they chewed my leg off.

It was an unlucky night for all of us with no wins in the raffle or keno or pokies. One lucky member won the $600 membership draw, but it wasn't one of us!

It's almost 10pm so I'm off to bed. My beloved Brisbane Broncos have had a good win tonight so I can sleep with a smile.

Nite all.

No comments: