Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

This ...

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?"
Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that others won't feel 
insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others.

Marianne Williamson

The Gypsy introduced me this author today and I had to share her inspiring quote because it moved me.

Today was much busier in The Happy Abode and people were still strolling in until about 3.30pm. I didn't wait for more and locked the door after that. 

The other businesses on the street were complaining about how quiet it was, but they got the traffic early in the week when it was quiet for us.

The Gypsy was fully booked and speaking of 'authors', she sold five copies of her own book today! She was so busy that we hardly had any time to chat.

I was definitely ready for home and rather than sit down, I went straight to the kitchen to get started on a big pot of parsee curry chicken. I knew that if I sat, I wouldn't get back up! 

Dinner was delicious served with cauliflower rice and followed by fruit whip ice cream.

It's now 9pm and I'm off to bed.

I've slept soundly for the last couple of nights, but it's difficult to get out of bed in the mornings because it's so chilly! It was 2C this morning and I have a very limited selection of warm clothes. I still didn't wear sleeves today, but I did wear a light vest over my shirt.


Anyway, I still love the cold nights because it's so much easier to sleep snuggled down under the bedcovers.

Nite all. 

No comments: