Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Super Saturday

Beautiful Winter's day today!

It was busy for a Saturday, which was surprising considering the big Coal Fest was on in Howard today.

I met and had a long chat with an amazing 85yr old woman. I guessed her to be in her early seventies, so when she told me her age, I was truly amazed! Very strong and fit. Sharp as a tack and bright as a button, with fabulous stories to tell about her life ... and what a life she's lived! We only talked for about 30 minutes but I could have comfortably spent the day with her.

I thanked her for coming into the shop (she contributed nicely to our takings for the day) and told her how much I enjoyed our chat and how pleased I was to have met her. She said that she would return and wished us the best of luck with our shop.

She was the best part of my day.

Adoring Husband and I closed the shop a little after 1.30pm and did some grocery shopping before he drove off for home.

As I was pedalling back past the shop, two ladies came out of the cafe and were walking towards our shop and expressing regret that they were too late and the shop was closed, so I stopped and offered to open up for them.

They happily came inside and did a little shopping with the money they had with them and one of the ladies asked me to set aside a couple of items promising to return on Tuesday to purchase them. It was worth the effort to open up and we had some good laughs, making fun of husbands and old friendships.

I arrived home in time to put away the groceries, watch the end of a movie with AH and then settle in for Super Saturday football.

Sadly, I was unlucky with he first game and my selected team lost, but the game I was most looking forward to was first place on the ladder, South Sydney Rabbits, playing 10th placed Wests Tigers. I tipped the Tigers for an upset win because I felt like their two top players had found their mojo in their last couple of games and had a big win in them.

I was right!

I was the only one in the tipping comp to select the Tigers, so their win helped me move up a position on the ladder. Wahoo!

Now I'm off for an early night. The big week has worn me out.




Nite all.

No comments: