Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Super Sunday

I've had a super Sunday.

My only achievement was getting my washing done.

Adoring Husband found this in Facebook, which describes my Sundays perfectly!

Who knew that other people do this cocooning thing on Sundays?

I gained two points on Adoring Husband in the footy tipping comp!

There was a blackout during the night. I got out of bed at around 4.30pm to go to the bathroom, but when I switched on the light, nothing happened. In my sleepy head, I though to myself "Damned light has blown. Must tell AH in the morning."

I realised as I opened the bathroom door to return to the bedroom, that the street lights were out and it was VERY dark in the bedroom. No idea why the blackout occurred and I'm not even sure what time the power came back on, but that's the only thing of interest that happened during my Sunday.

So I'm off to bed for an early night. No early meditation tomorrow because we've changed it to Wednesdays.

I thought I'd share these before I go ...




Nite all.


No comments: