Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 27, 2018

Surprise Surprise

I sold a photo today!

That's two photos in a week!

It was a very slow day in the shop.

I met a crystal healer and a holistic healer - not together - one of them was a big talker and spent 40 minutes talking to me while booking an appointment to see The Gypsy for next week.

The other was very softly spoken and selected one of our lovely selenite towers to add to her healing collection.

There was some gift selections by a couple of customers, and one asked me to set hers aside, promising to return tomorrow to pay for them. We often have people pop in during their daily walk without any cash on them and they either ask us to put something aside or they return later with money to purchase.

We donated some gifts for the big Heart Foundation raffle being run by the Bowls Club which will be drawn next weekend. The gentleman in charge of that dropped by to pick up the package.

I printed out some leaflets for my photography workshop and put them on the tables outside the supermarket.

I spoke to Telstra about our appointment next Tuesday to have the NBN connected.

I booked three appointments for The Gypsy.

I ate a punnet of raspberries.

I filled an online shopping cart with Ivy's products - we are almost out of Ivy's bags and purses!

I was out the door at 3.30pm and pedalling home to prepare for my Friday night at the Club.

I was a winner tonight, winning a variety meat pack!

Now I need to sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: