Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 23, 2018

Local Connection

How strange that in the last few days, I've had three different locals tell me that they hadn't been to The Happy Abode because they thought it was a hippie new age type of shop and that's the type of thing that they're not interested in.

There were quite a few locals who came into the shop today, straight from 'craft' because they admired some jewellery that one of the ladies was wearing and were told it came from The Happy Abode.

As usual, they were pleasantly surprised by what they saw and heaped praise in our direction.

Another lady said that we had obviously worked hard to create a harmonious and welcoming environment with a warm atmosphere and that she loved being in the space.

On the weekend, at the markets, I commissioned a lady to create a bracelet for me and today, she delivered it to me at the shop ...



... the light is not good because I took the photo tonight beside a table lamp, but I *LOVE* it so much!  It's blue and silver and I especially love those big shiny silver dragon heads to remind me of Chicklet!

Here is the updated photo of the display that I changed last week ...


I did some more rearranging today and I spent some time with a lady who came especially to see me because her husband has been diagnosed with Parkinson's. Somebody told her that I might be able to offer some advice.

We chatted for about half an hour and then it got busy in the shop, so she left with an open invitation to return any time. We had a good chat and I think she was relieved to get a lot off her chest.

The Gypsy was in today and was booked out for the morning, but had to leave early to run an errand in Gympie. She's almost booked out for Wednesday too.

Adoring Husband was kind enough to come to the shop and do some 'lunch' shopping for me - an avocado, some shallots, a lemon and some smoked ham with a coffee. He then returned at 3pm to help me close the shop.

Some new snap jewellery arrived in the mail today and there should be more arriving every day this week and next.

Before I head off to bed, I must offer some birthday wishes!!

Happy birthday to my 'much cleverer than bubbles' daughter who reminds me of my favourite AA Milne quote ...



I hope you have the most fabulous day ever!

... and to The Motivator who still hasn't caught up to me ...


I hope you have an amazing day in Sydney with your family and you get to feel the love.

Obviously 24th July is a very special date producing very special people!

Nite all.

No comments: