Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Productive

I was up bright and early this morning with the intention of checking out the blood moon/eclipse, but there was a heavy fog and I couldn't see any moon from any point in my back yard.

Adoring Husband said he saw it earlier in the morning when he was out and about.

So, instead, I cleaned the bathroom.

I just want to put it out there ... I hate cleaning ... ugh ... I want a cleaning fairy to come to my house every night while I sleep and make my house immaculate. Walls, windows, blinds, floors, cupboards, bathrooms, dusting, ironing, decluttering, pantry, fridge, fans etc etc etc.

I don't think that's asking for too much.

I still had time to visit the boys at the Seat of Knowledge on my way to work, grab a coffee and then walk into the shop at 8.50am.

I hugged The Happy Abode ... I always have that warm and fuzzy feeling when I walk through the door ... and I thanked the Universe for helping us create such a wonderful space ... it's all about the gratitude.

The day was crazy busy!

The staff at the supermarket complained that it was incredibly quiet, but I had people through the door all morning and took almost double what we usually do on a Saturday. If I wasn't committed to an appointment, I would have stayed open til at least 3pm.

After I did a grocery shop, I arrived home and put a batch of bone broth in the slow cooker (I had my last container of broth yesterday and there was none for me to have for breakfast this morning) and then cleaned the glass corner table, cleaned the handles on the fridge and the freezer and washed a window before that 2pm appointment arrived.

We had a third pool company come in to do a quote, which should be sent through to my email tomorrow. So far, just going by the meeting, I prefer this one, but it's all about the price, so we'll wait and see.

After they left, we made our way into the lounge room to watch the footy. I was one of three people in the footy tipping who picked Manly to defeat Penrith and I was excited momentarily when Manly was winning by a BIG margin and I believed that I had moved closer to AH n the footy tipping ladder. Alas, in the final seven minutes of the game, Penrith scored four tries to surpass Manly's score and I was left feeling disappointed and frustrated.

Between football games, I hung out two loads of washing, put another load in the machine, brought in the dry clothes and folded them,  bathed one of the dogs, cooked dinner and then parked my butt permanently on the couch.

I'm feeling pretty energised today. I hope it lasts for tomorrow because we are driving to Childers for the Multicultural Festival. We LOVE this yearly festival and I'm hoping to get some natural crystals while we're there.

I guess this means that I should get some sleep!


Nite all.    

No comments: