Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Multi-fun Day

The 'Happy' song blasted me awake this morning at 6am ... and I mean BLASTED! It was a sudden awakening and there was no going back from there.

We showered and gathered our goods, drove to our regular coffee haunt (just in case we couldn't get a  good coffee at the festival) and then headed off to Childers for the Multicultural Festival.

Our usual parking area was open and we were given the perfect parking space which was beautifully shaded when we returned three hours later.

We (meaning 'I') spent a lot of money on some wonderfully unique, hand crafted pieces that were obviously made with love, and for the creators I feel much respect and appreciation.

Adoring Husband bought me a fork.

A fork lovingly treated and polished and shaped into the most beautiful bracelet ...





I love it ... even though AH declared "it's a &%#$ expensive fork!"

He also bought me a clay fish ...



... to replace the fish that suffered an unfortunate accident at The Happy Abode recently. I couldn't get exactly the same colour, but I think I prefer this colour anyway. It can be used to burn mosquito coils or citronella candles and it will look fabulous in the area around our new pool when it's built!

We made the decision, just this afternoon, to purchase a concrete pool and the build will commence at the end of September. How exciting!

Back to the Festival ... I bought myself a new wallet, which can also have a strap attached to make it a cross body bag. It's hand crafted leather and I looked at these last year, but didn't buy. I'm really happy to have this one now ...





I also bought a new evening bag.


I found a deliciously big citrine crystal, a blue kyanite and a jade buddha. I've been searching for a jade figurine for a while, so I was pretty chuffed to find this one today.





I also bought a few gifts for special people, which of course, I won't share here.

We ate German Kransky for lunch and drank fresh iced lemon and ginger tea (AH had mixed berry).

It was a glorious day and thank goodness we got there so early because by 11am, the crowds were crazy and it was difficult to move freely, so we escaped and arrived home by midday with a fresh coffee, again, from our local.

The Motivator arrived home from Sydney today, but sadly, she is sick with the flu and won't be at the shop for a couple of days.

Psychotic dog, Jack, has been having trouble with muscle cramps again and the magnesium oil wasn't working as well or as quickly as we hoped, so our pool people gave us a bucket of mineral salts. We gave Jack a warm bath in the laundry tub with half a cup of the mineral salts in it and he seems to have settled considerably since then.

I think he might be having regular swims in our pool once it's in the ground.

Now, I think it's time for bed. It's been a big day.

Nite all.

No comments: