Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Quietly Does It

After Monday and Tuesday madness in the shop, it was a very quiet Wednesday.

I priced some new stock and rearranged some displays, chatted with The Gypsy, met some new customers and this afternoon I welcomed The Motivator for her first, but brief visit to The Happy Abode, since she returned from Sydney with the flu.

Adoring Husband helped me close the shop and I rode home to make an early dinner so that we could attend the trivia night at the club. I have no idea where we came out of the eleven teams, but I have one thing to say to Adoring Husband ...

CUBA!!! (you had to be there)

He did a really good job on the final round, which was a picture round of 'tools' and he named them all.


We've come home to watch the iconic movie 'Mean Girls'

Tomorrow, I have to give a talk to the local 'Friendship Group' so Adoring Husband will look after the shop from about 2.40pm so that I can walk over to the hall and talk about photography! I have no idea what I'm going to say, but as usual, I will wing it and it will all work out in the end.

I think it might be time for me to climb into my warm bed ... there is a definite chill in the air tonight.


Nite all.

No comments: