Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 30, 2018

Manic Monday

I assumed that today would be very quiet in The Happy Abode.

I thought that everybody would have spent all their money at the Childers Multicultural Festival and that people would be having a very quiet week, not spending money and staying at home to recover.

I was wrong.

Today was non stop busy until the afternoon. Not a soul walked through the door in that last 90 minutes, but it didn't matter. It was nice to just sit and breathe and tidy up and fill the gaps that the customers had made in the displays when selecting their purchases.

Adoring Husband brought the vacuum cleaner to work this morning so that I could vacuum the very leafy floor. The guy from the real estate office chopped down some branches from the trees last week and for some reason, dragged them to the front of our shop to put them in a trailer, which left a trail of dead leaves to blow through our doors.

It felt much better to have a clean floor.

Some more snap buttons arrived in the mail, as did some lovely earrings.

The Gypsy had a busy day and is almost booked out for Wednesday as well.

We are having perfect Winter weather at the moment and I might make a quick visit to the Seat of Knowledge on the way to work tomorrow, so that I can check out that gloriously crystal clear water in the river.

I'm looking forward to seeing the girls at coffee tomorrow and at the end of the day, I'm looking forward to winning $50 million in Oz Lotto. No, really! I can feel it in my bones! I promise to share!

The Motivator is still under the weather and won't be at work for a few days. I visited her this afternoon and got her up to speed with what's been happening while she has been away, caught up on some gossip, swapped some important 'stuff' and hugged her germy body!


I'm off to bed now - after a quick dose of warm lemon and honey - just as a precaution haha.

Nite all.

No comments: