Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Who Knew?

Who knew that this time of year would be so busy?

September was our first month of business last year and it was crazy busy for two weeks of the school holidays, but this past three weeks has been totally unexpected and so much better than we could have hoped for.

Thankfully, it has come in the form of a steady flow of customers through the door, and at no time was there a long queue of people becoming impatient with me because they weren't getting served quickly enough!

So even though it's been busy, it has also been easy and enjoyable and quite fulfilling.

The fact that it's all been so manageable without The Motivator on board is both a surprise and a relief.

Today was another great day for business.

Adoring Husband came to cover for me at The Happy Abode this afternoon when I had to attend the Friendship Group at the local hall to give a talk on photography. I was gone for an hour and by the time I'd returned, he had taken a sale and closed the shop.

What a legend.

I think my talk went well. There were a few questions and everyone was keen to look at my photo book and touch my camera. There were a couple of enquiries about the workshop this weekend, so maybe they will come see me tomorrow to book in and fill my class.

I had a rough night last night with cramps. The toes on my left leg were all sticking straight up, my foot was cramping to the right, my calf and my shin were cramping to the left and my thigh was cramping to the right.

I couldn't walk, I couldn't stretch anything because all the muscles were cramping in opposite directions and try as I might with breathing and focussing, I couldn't relax any of the muscles. It lasted for about fifteen long minutes and I almost woke Adoring Husband to help me!

While sitting on the couch tonight, I've had some more cramps in my feet, so AH has filled a small square tub with warm water and dumped some of the magnesium mineral salts that our pool guy gave us into it and my feet are now soaking.

It feels so nice.

AH also made a hot honey and lemon drink to help with this stupid runny nose that is annoying me. It comes and goes during the day, so it doesn't even feel like a cold ... it feels more like an allergy of some sort, but I can't pinpoint what it could be. It seems to be worse at home, so I need to be more aware of what I'm doing and where I'm doing it!

We're watching the first NRL game of the week and my Broncos are losing at half time to a team that is equal second last on the ladder! I'll watch the second half and then head to bed.

Big day tomorrow, so hopefully cramps won't disturb my sleep again tonight.

We didn't win OzLotto OR Powerball this week, but they've jackpotted and are now worth $70million and $80million so I'm willing to win one of those next week. I still promise to share with a LOT of people.

Nite all.


No comments: