Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Happy Hump Day

Lots of new snap jewellery arrived today, including the new glasses hangers ...



... everybody wants the glasses hangers and the last customer bought seven of them. She wanted ten, but I only had seven left! Now we have seventy of them!

We have around 900 different buttons to choose from, including these lovely new rose gold buttons on the bottom half of this tray.

I spent a lot of time unpacking and pricing and separating and rebagging and rearranging the trays. Tomorrow I will rearrange the button drawers and the jewellery drawers, because there was a box of new pendants and bracelets delivered today and the drawers are all looking a bit out of control at the moment!

It's just like Christmas when the boxes arrive - there are always surprises because we can never remember everything that we ordered.

Meditation was great this morning and it seems Wednesdays are much better for me, for The Gypsy and for others - especially starting fifteen minutes later than usual. It's amazing the difference fifteen minutes can make.

I enjoyed my chats with The Gypsy between customers today. We always have lively conversations analysing and making fun of ourselves and the strange ways that our minds trick us. Always enlightening and insightful!

The afternoon was VERY quiet and not a soul walked through the doors after 1.30pm. I still had a lot to do so I didn't close the doors until almost 4.30pm, but still ... nobody came!

The Butcher only had five customers all day and he was complaining about how quiet it was. Even The Happy Abode had more than five customers and we're hidden up the back!

As every customer leaves our shop, I ask them to spread the word and it seems that they are all doing exactly that. Some take extra business cards to pass around, some take our postcards and some just walk out the door excited to tell all and sundry about the beautiful little shop hidden behind Elders.

But still the locals are coming through the doors saying "We didn't even know you were here!"

After TEN MONTHS!

If I had a secret that I didn't want anyone to know about, the whole town would know in matter of days! But when we WANT the whole town to know about our little shop, it takes a year or more for the word to spread!

Go figure!

Anyway, it's after 10pm so I'm off to bed. Sleep time for me.

Nite all.  

No comments: