Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 16, 2018

Monday Meds

We had eight ladies in our last Monday meditation class this morning.

As of next week, our meditation classes will be held on Wednesday mornings ... because it's too hard to start the week so early on a Monday!

The ladies were all lovely and shared some really personal stuff today. It was a real hug 'fest' at the end of the session and we were all feeling the love.

It was a slow day in the shop which gave me a chance to do some more dusting and cleaning, pay a couple of bills, create a new sign for our changed meditation details, display some more stock from in our drawers and I was even able to make myself some lunch!

The Gypsy and I had some more interesting psychological chats - ALWAYS enlightening!

It was a beautiful sunshiny Wintery day, so I guess everybody was out making the most of it instead of shopping. We DID have a couple of people drive all the way to our town especially to come to The Happy Abode because, they said "We love your little shop."

That's a feel good moment.

By 3pm, every shop except the butcher and the supermarket was closed. There were three groups of people walking along the street looking for something to do and complaining about the fact that the street was dead.

Hopefully, they'll return tomorrow.

Adoring Husband helped me shut up shop and we did some food shopping before coming home.

We had an easy dinner of lamb chops cooked on the barbecue and salad.

I declined an afternoon coffee and am feeling decidedly tired tonight.

For the first time in a long time, I used my Sweet Sleep essential oil last night and slept soundly for over seven hours, so I'm going to do the same thing tonight. I don't understand why I stopped using it a few months ago. It's been sitting on my bedside table the whole time and for some reason I ignored it. I've had very broken sleep lately, so I'm pleased to have found the solution.

I need to sleep well so that I can enjoy morning coffee with the girls tomorrow. I always look forward to Tuesdays with the ladies.


Nite all.

No comments: