Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Relentless

The rain was relentless.

Having an iron roof is lovely when it's raining lightly, but when it's heavy and relentless, it's comparable to Chinese water torture!

Being tortured like that, I couldn't relax enough to fall asleep. Meditation didn't help. Playing Words with Friends didn't help. Watching TV didn't help. Listening to a book didn't help.

At 1am, the lightning and thunder began, which stirred up the Psychotic Dogs and Colli was barking and crying and attempting to rip her way through the laundry door to get to us in the bedroom.

So I dragged my sorry butt out of bed and rescued her from a fate worse than death (or so she thought), dumped her on our bed, made my way to the kitchen where I prepared a big bowl of ice cream to return to bed with me and there I sat, propped up with a pile of pillows feeding my face and playing WWF.

Finally, at about 3am, the rain eased and my mind relaxed enough to doze off.

At 6am my alarm went off to remind me that it was a work day.

It was our quietest Saturday since we opened our doors, which gave us an opportunity to make an inventory of one of our artists' stock on hand, finish pricing the stock that came in on Friday, rearrange some displays, begin polishing the glass display cabinets and begin assembling the new glass cabinet that we've had in the store for about a month now.

Even though sales were low, we had a productive morning.

Adoring Husband also had a productive morning climbing the roof of a local business and repairing holes to prevent further flooding.

I left the shop at 1.30pm and came home to make a big fresh fruit salad with papaya, mango, apple, strawberries, blueberries, banana and lemon juice. That was our lunch with ice cream.

We are watching the New Zealand vs Australia rugby league test which is being televised live from Mount Smart Stadium in Auckland. A great game so far. Very evenly matched.

AH is cooking on the barbie so I'm off to prepare a salad.

More rain is coming tonight, but as I type this, the big storms are all up north around Mackay and Cairns and inland to Emerald. It will be an early night for me so that I can sleep before the thunder sets off the dogs again.

Have a fabulous Sunday!

Nite all.    

No comments: