Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Over Cars

They spend crazy amounts of money on a fast car to drive round and round and round and round and round a mountain road.

The men cry because they make a mistake and it costs them the race.

Seriously dudes!! Priorities!!

A fraction of all the money that all the teams spend every year on racing those cars could end homelessness in Australia.

Not just car racing, but all the sports.

End rant.

Adoring Husband dozed in front of the television (just like most men on this day) while watching the "Bathurst 1000"

I spent the first half of the day in bed drinking coffee, eating toast, reading, playing, writing and watching videos.

The second half of the day was for doing the washing. Three machine loads and NINE (yes I said NINE!!) items of hand washing. Each one needing to be washed separately because the colour ran a little. It seemed to take forever, but at least it's done now.

The lesson I've learned from today is that I MUST check the labels of the clothes that I plan on purchasing. Unless I have fallen desperately in love with that item, if it requires hand washing, it goes back on the rack.

I made a batch of chicken broth and spent some of my evening putting it into containers and into the freezer. I'll make another batch tomorrow because I bought two organic chicken frames and the other one can't be refrozen.

We think our pool will be sprayed with colour this week. Our choices are 'midnight' or 'pacific'.  I prefer 'midnight', but both colours are fine.

It's after 11pm and I need to work tomorrow, so I'm off to bed. Have a great week.

Nite all.

No comments: