Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

So it Continues

Remember yesterday when I said that my PTSD had waned and that I can cope with storms now?

I lied.

I didn't realise that I was lying ... until tonight when another bigger, wilder storm hit us.

It left me feeling a little fragile.

There are a couple of storms building out west so it may not be over yet.

More storms are forecast for tomorrow and apparently they will be much worse than tonight.

Ugh.

I have two days off now, so if necessary, I can close the windows and blinds and be safely holed up in my bedroom until it's over.

Today was fabulous at work for many reasons.

There were some new faces at meditation this morning which made for an interesting class and the message that The Gypsy shared with us really resonated with me. Her messages always do, but especially this morning.

The Motivator was at work and we had the day together in the shop, so we sat at her desk and made three big orders for stock leading up to Christmas.

It means that over the next couple of weeks, we'll have orders coming from seven different suppliers!

At 1pm today we had only made $6 in sales, which was thought provoking, but things certainly picked up after that and the final two hours were very satisfying.

Both The Motivator and I took advantage of having The Gypsy in the shop today.

I took the last appointment of the day and enjoyed a very intense Zen Shiatsu treatment. It was amazing, as always, and she gave me some stretching exercises to improve some issues that I have with the energy path to my liver. It's always my liver!

We received the quote for our gazebo and decking today.

Gasp!

You know those shows on TV where they do up old houses and they work out a budget before they start? You know how they blow the budget all the time and we sit in our couch criticising them and wondering how the hell they could get it so wrong?

We are those people.

By a lot!

At our current rate of mis-guesstimations, we will have doubled our budget by the time we hold our first social event.

We have been breathtakingly wrong on all counts.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to every TV home renovator and builder who copped our ridicule and judgement over the years. We were clueless.

Another storm has just hit so I'm off to quietly cower.

Nite all.

  

No comments: