Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Stormy Evening

There have been nasty storms building all over Queensland all afternoon and evening.

They have been severe and fast moving causing damage with hail, wind, heavy rain, lightning and thunder.

The Higgins Storm Chaser's Facebook page has had live streams of the storms as they glided over Maleny and people have posted photos and videos of the hail, rain and wind in various locations that were in the path of the storms.

As I type this, we are experiencing some heavy rain, wind and loud, close thunder.

There is no denying that we desperately need some rain. We DON'T need any damage from the storms though, so our fingers are crossed.

It's nice to not be suffering the full blown symptoms of PTSD. Since the tornado and with each storm that has hit us since, those symptoms have waned. There is still a little niggle there for me, but generally speaking, I can more easily tolerate a storm these days.

But NOT if I have to pedal home in it!

I was worried this afternoon that the storms would build and reach us before I had a chance to get home.

A non-customer entered the shop at 2.55pm and wandered around for 30 minutes. She told me that she was in town to clear out her mother's house and needed a break. She obviously didn't realise that we close at 3pm and spent her 'break time' in the shop.

After thirty minutes, she walked out the door empty handed and called "thank you".

Prior to her walking in the door, I had gathered my goods in preparation for a quick getaway. I had to go to the butcher first and then try to beat the storms home.

Luckily, even though there were some dark clouds about, there were no storms at that time of the afternoon so I made it home easily.

Obviously, Adoring Husband's role with the SES requires the he watches the BOM, and we watched closely as the colours of the storms darkened and joined together and moved towards us.

It's almost over and the huge mass of storms has moved out to sea.

I wonder how much water is in our pool now???

Aside from the rain and storms, the day left me a bit discombobulated.

I didn't feel like I was in control of anything today.

A representative of a few of our suppliers came into the shop and I felt like she didn't really want to be there. She was more than an hour late and The Motivator had a previous engagement, so she could only join us for twenty minutes. I wished it could have been a more relaxing and friendly encounter because ordering should have been more fun for me.

You KNOW how I love to shop!

I finished pricing the stock that came in last week and displayed them.

I wrote the labels for my photos and attached them.

I emptied our inside bins and fit as much old packaging as I could into the sulo before parking it out the front.

I made myself some lunch of avocado, mango, shallots and lemon juice. It has to be one of my favourite meals. I always feel so energised after a bowl of that goodness.

There were a small number of customers through the doors, and the ones who did come in were strange (except for you Lady Lynn lol), and by strange, I mean odd and I spent a lot of time frowning even after they had left.

While Monday passed really quickly, today seemed to drag on.

I'm ready for sleep now.

I woke up in the middle of the night Monday and needed three long meditations to fall back to sleep. So I slept from 9.30pm - 1.30am and then from 3.10am - 6am.

Let's try for a full night's sleep tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: