Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Market Madness

It wasn't really madness at all.

Adoring Husband and I drove into The Bay this morning to attend the Pier Markets, but first, we dropped in to pick up the framed photos from 'Outside the Square'.  The Framing Magician asked for some business cards for our shop and they are now on display in his shop.

While we browsed all of the stalls at the markets, we didn't buy anything other than food/drink.

We bought a cup each of home made lemonade from one stall (which was delicious) and lots of fresh fruit and veg from a couple of other stalls. We ended up with a box full of food.

From there we found our way to Coby's Coffee Shack on The Esplanade and shared a container of prawn and avocado sushi and enjoyed their coffee.

What a great little place! (I wish I'd taken a photo)

It is set up in the front yard of a guy's house. The flooring is a deck made of mismatched railway sleepers. The tables are the end plates of big spools of wire. There is a cut off kombi van in one corner with a bench along one side that you can sit at, on stools, to drink your coffee.

There are approximately ten big umbrellas to create shade and some old retro decor items like a wireless, an old vesper sitting in the garden, some old surfboards leaning on the fence at one end - it's just a fabulous little meeting place with a great atmosphere and music playing in the background.

It's right in between the Holistic Healing Haven and Maddigan's Seafood on The Esplanade.

I decided to visit Fire n Ice and even though I tried on nine different items of clothing, I purchased just one lovely colourful top.

Go Natural was our next stop where the shopping list included organic celery, frozen dragon fruit, organic chicken frames and some kombucha.

I visited Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves next door, but the clothes that I wanted were too expensive for the contents of my purse or bank account today.

Bunnings was next in line but Adoring Husband was unable to find what he needed there.

We drove to Stocklands where I did some networking in a couple of stores and left our card.

Unbeknownst to Adoring Husband, he bought me a pair of shoes and the lady in that shop is coming to visit us at The Happy Abode with her sister next week.

The Motivator had a good morning in the shop and will be open on Sunday morning for a few hours.

I roasted a chicken for dinner which I served to AH with a mixed salad.

Here we are at 9pm on a Saturday night ... no football (boohoo) and nothing of interest on the telly, so it's off to bed for me and probably some reading, writing and meditation before sleep.

Nite all.  

No comments: