Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 5, 2018

Where is the rain?

We've been watching the BOM for about seven hours and a very slow moving string of storms has been approaching us over that period of time. As it reached Childers, it seems to have separated into two and one is moving north-easterly and the other is moving south-easterly.

It seems that the rain will miss us.

The day was glorious and I spent the first half of it in bed.

I made myself some celery juice and some breakfast, while Adoring Husband got my coffee and then I climbed back into bed to enjoy it all and to read, study, play games etc.

Adoring Husband had some official SES business to attend to, so at 12.30pm I got up to embrace the day, and pedalled down to check the mail and visit the shop to discuss some business with The Motivator.

The shop became very busy while I was there and an hour later, it had proved to be another very successful day.

I left while it was still busy and arrived home in time to get ready for the usual Friday night at the club.

Only one of us was lucky tonight.

AH had again cooked dinner and I followed that with a bowl of banana, mango and strawberries.

We watched the movie 'Wonder' with Jacob Tremblay, Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson. It was a real 'feel good' movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

We climbed into bed at 10pm and turned on the television only to discover that 'The Notebook' was playing. I simply had to watch the final hour of that one ... you know ... Ryan Gosling and all.

Now I'm sitting up in bed, having remembered that I'd forgotten to do tonight's blog post ... so here I am!

Another uneventful day.

Tomorrow's plan is to head into The Bay for the Pier Markets and hopefully pick up some framed photos from the framers, if they're ready.

I got a bit of a giggle from this ...


... and now it's time for sleeping!

Nite all.

No comments: