Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 4, 2018

My Friday on Wednesday

Wednesday meditation was another great experience. I love it.

Today, at The Happy Abode, it was our best day of the week so far and the first sale of the day was one of my photos which gave me a real buzz.

The sales were spread out, so there wasn't a busy period at all, however, there was never a long enough pause for me to get anything else done ... and there is plenty to be done.

During my days off, I'd like to go in and do some cleaning. There just isn't time within the working hours to dust and vacuum at the moment and it desperately needs doing, so I'll take a couple of hours to do that and it will probably be tomorrow.

It was good to spend some time catching up with The Gypsy, though her day was quite busy, so our chats were short.

By the time I'd tied up a few loose ends, it was after 4pm when I left the shop and I popped in to visit The Motivator on the way home.

I got to see the progress she's made with her beautiful art work and also to see how much more she had done in setting up the back room as her office and art studio. The area has a beautiful feel about it and she's done a great job creating a wonderful space for herself.

It was quite late when I pulled into our driveway and by the time I'd inspected Adoring Husband's handiwork in the new kitchen area and cooked an easy dinner, it was about 6.45pm. I was feeling pretty relaxed and ready to chill for the evening, when, at 7.10pm, I checked my phone to find a message from Tweedle Dee (new name yet to be announced) which read "Where are you?"

This immediately triggered my memory and I suddenly realised that we were supposed to be at trivia, which commences at 7pm!

AH was dozing in his armchair at the time, but we were able to gather our wits and we rushed out the door to the car and found ourselves walking into the club to sit at our table at 7.39pm. We'd only missed 2 of the 6 rounds and our team had done pretty well without us.

It would have been easy to pike out for the night, but I'm really pleased that we made the effort because we had a good time and there was some snorting laughter to be had.

After all of that, it's now after midnight and I'm off to bed. Thank goodness I have tomorrow off work and I don't have to get up early.

I'll be having a late snooze!

Nite all.

No comments: