Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Weathered

The weather dictated my hours at the shop today.

The morning was quite glorious, though a little warm and there was a steady stream of people through the shop, all of them in the first three hours buying snap jewellery.

The final hour was adults and children buying small items like fridge magnets, turtles, owls and geckos.

I would have stayed open for an extra hour because there were plenty of people out and about, but the weather closed in and I knew people would be seeking shelter, so I closed the shop and parked my trike inside as the rain and wind and thunder picked up and Adoring Husband came to pick me up.

We did some grocery shopping and grabbed our afternoon coffees before heading home.

The rain was quite heavy for a while and the winds were strong. The thunder frightened the psychotic dogs and they were invited onto the storm chair in the lounge room.

We were very lucky that the centre of the storm skirted around us, but Childers copped the full brunt and received heavy hail and strong winds that toppled trees and removed roofing. The Higgins Storm Chasing Facebook page showed lots of video footage and photos of the damage.

Adoring Husband was called out to a SES job in Craignish. Being a long weekend, the SES is short on available crew members, so AH filled a gap.

We are watching the NRL Grand Final as I write this and the Roosters are winning by 14 points in the first half of the match, which is surprising - but I suspect that Melbourne Storm will be fighting a bit harder in the second half.

There are three movies that I want to see.

A Star is Born - Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga/Sam Elliot (looks amazing!)

Ladies in Black - Rachael Taylor/Angourie Rice/Julia Ormond

Bohemian Rhapsody - Joseph Mazzello/Rami Malek/Mike Myers

I'm feeling a bit weary this evening so I might watch the end of the footy in bed.

I hope you're all enjoying your long weekend!


Nite all.

No comments: