Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Saturday = Sunday

Today was Saturday but I called it my Sunday because we are opening The Happy Abode tomorrow, which is everybody else's Sunday.

Again, I have enjoyed my three days off, though I was not the slightest bit productive and have nothing to show for my time, except a very relaxed demeanour.

The pool has been curing nicely in the back yard so there are no updated photos to share.

This is what my bath mat looks like ...


... it's what happens when your entire back yard consists of fine black sand.

The Motivator had a very successful day in the shop today and I'm hoping that tomorrow will be equally successful for me.

It's been a warm day and we turned on the air conditioner for a while, commenting that it would be nice to go for a dip in the pool right about now!

Won't be long now.

Commiserations to Adoring Husband whose footy team lost the AFL grand final today by a lousy 5 points.

I hope that Melbourne Storm win the NRL grand final tomorrow - although it really doesn't matter that much to me. Both teams are worthy opponents.

I'm feeling a bit peckish, so I think I'll have some papaya before bed.

Nite all.

No comments: