Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 24, 2018

"P" Day

As you read this, the hole for our pool is being dug!

It's "P" Day!! "P" = Pool

Our outdoor lounge and rug were delivered from AMart this afternoon and thankfully, it's all boxed so it can be stored in the new kitchen until we are ready to put it all together. Hopefully, it's sealed well enough that all that dirt and grime doesn't find it's way inside the box.

My new macrame hammock arrived from Venezuela and looks beautiful. I can't wait to hang it and relax in it with a good book.

The Gypsy was in house today. We had some good chats again. On Saturday morning she visited the shop briefly with her daughter and partner who were up for the weekend, so there was plenty to talk about.

I accidentally charged a lady almost double the price of an item this afternoon, so I'm hoping she realises my error and comes to the shop tomorrow to yell at me!

My final customer for the day came in just before 3pm, which meant I was late leaving the shop. Under normal circumstances, that wouldn't be a problem, but we needed to drive into The Bay so that I could pick up some photos from the framers.

I had all but one photo framed with mat board and one sunset photo professionally framed with a nice rustic white frame. I've still got five more photos to have done and I'll get one of them framed with a nice white frame too.

A customer came in to the shop to request a copy of the duck photos that I took last week, so I had them printed while I was in The Bay.

Adoring Husband and I pondered over the barbecues at Harvey Normans, for the third time in a matter of weeks, and still did not come to a decision. We will come across the perfect barbecue when the time is right.

There were a LOT of tyre kickers in the shop today, which made it busy but not profitable. Hopefully, all those ladies who came in with their husbands, will return later this week without them - as the ladies tend to do.


It's now 8.30pm and I'm off to bed. I'm going to read myself to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: