Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Productive Duo

Adoring Husband completed the kitchen cabinetry before I'd even got out of bed this morning.

He stopped to bring my morning coffee and then returned to work.

I got up and made some breakfast to eat with my coffee and I did a bit of reading and chatted with the multitude of engineers that I'm playing Words With Friends against at the moment.

Lots of males play WWF claiming to be engineers, mostly working in California, but a couple in Canada, one each in Greenland, Iceland, Romania and somewhere else in Europe.

They all tell me that they were born in one country, experienced some devastating loss eg parents killed tragically when they were a child OR their wife left them for their best friend OR their wife and children died in a car wreck OR ... well, you get the drift, and because of that tragedy, they move to another country to study and become an engineer.

After they chat for a while, they ask me to join some chat room (I can't remember the name of it right now) so that we can chat more easily - I always decline and they soon lose interest. I can only assume that they are attempting to con some lonely woman somewhere else in WWF.

It's now at the point when a male introduces himself, I say "Let me guess. You are an Engineer right?" and he is always surprised saying "How do you know that?"

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

At lunch time I decided to make my way into the day, got dressed and was immediately dragged (not literally) outside to have a look at the progress of the kitchen. It's looking amazing and I really like the colour that AH chose for the doors.

After that, I hung out some washing, brought some in from the line and put on another load. I cleared the lounge chair that I've been using as a storage unit for journals, notebooks, paperwork, catalogues, study folders, hats and other bits and pieces.

AH and I have also used our dining room table as a storage unit for laptops, cameras and camera gear, folders, paperwork, jewellery, re-usable grocery bags, handbags, pens, SES stuff, essential oils, letters and bills, books etc etc., so I cleared all of my stuff from the table.

I did a bit of decluttering and rearranging in the back bedroom, but then decided that it was all too hard, so I gave up and did some more washing. I did a little tidying up in our bedroom and then I planted my butt on the lounge, where I stayed until I made AH's dinner.

Yesterday evening, I caught the last twenty minutes of this show on SBS and after the credits rolled, it was announced that it could be viewed on SBS On Demand. I haven't had a chance to view it yet myself, but it's definitely on my 'to do' list.

Here is the link if you're interested ...

Sugar Crash on SBS

I think it's time to sleep now. I have three books on my bedside table that I want to read, so I'm going to start them tonight. Two of them were written by The Gypsy, so I'm keen to get onto them.

Welcome to Monday! Have a great week!


Nite all.

No comments: